Sunday, June 1, 2014

Writing Rubric is done - Rubric for visual aids and Oral presentations still to come

The Writing Rubric has been revised after a review of the Standards of Learning for Virginia.  It is fairly typical in terms of scoring writing samples so it should be helpful. I have reviewed the anchor papers for the Common Core and think this rubric will be useful in getting students up-to speed in getting high scores for their answers to the prompts.

I used this rubric for all writing assignments for my eighth and ninth grade students and because it was tailored to the scoring for the state tests and it was an exemplar of high standards - it worked to help students improve their writing skills throughout the year. The other rubrics are coming - this just took a little more time than I though it would because once again I was foiled by trying to cut and paste from Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment