Friday, June 6, 2014

New ACT Writing Test and SAT Test?!?

I hope everyone is following the changes in the college board exams and the fact that some colleges aren't even looking at test scores to admit students. The most significant question for English, history and other classes that are heavily involved in writing, is what type of assignment is best for student development if testing profiles are changing? The more involved the writer is in designing the piece, the better the outcome, but are teachers free to pursue that option?  More on this topic to come - I'll be checking my last revision of my writing rubric and comparing it to the ACT scoring profile so that the 12 point scale works with the rubric I've designed. If another revision is needed - I'll do that to make sure that the rubric will target the domains that will be scored so that the emphasis is provided when you assess their progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment