Saturday, June 21, 2014

How Do You Prep Students For Tests? Please look over the Archived Titles for Children's Book Idea . . .

Multiple choice test design normally has two distracting questions and then the students has a 50% chance of getting it right.  I've heard stories of students who simply bubbled in C for the whole test or B.  I remember designing tests and then working back through them to be sure that there was no pattern or answer choice that kept reappearing. Things like four B's in a row.  When word processing programs came out I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

We old dragons remember typing our tests/assignments on memo-graph style paper and then running the product through a special hand cranked machine that turned out purple dittos or worksheets. The liquid you poured in the machine was clear, but if you spilled any on your clothing - it was purple forever...

Back to test taking strategies - this is much like good pre-reading strategies. Key words, key words and look for superlatives - no always, never or most of the time. I promise to find the writing scoring site for you - I hope you can score a 4 when you challenge yourself by answering the prompt and I hope it's still there in the world of the Internet.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment